Tingsha bells are comprised of two small cymbals; usually 2.5 to 4 inches in diameter, joined together by leather strap or sometimes, chain. These bells are often used by Tibetan Buddhist practitioners in their prayers and in rituals. When struck, these Tingsha bells produce a special tone, which is why they are used in space clearing and energy balancing.
Qualities of Fine Tingsha Bells
Premium Tingsha bells are distinguishable in the tone they resonate. Both cymbals, if made with the finest metals, exquisitely crafted and perfectly matched; get to create a pure, nearly identical, if not flawlessly identical bell tone.
History of Tingsha Bells
Tingsha bells originated in Tibet. They are usually known as Taa in Nepali.
The early origins of Tingsha came from the pre-Buddhism religion Bön Shamanism in Tibet. Bön Shamanism has vast spiritualistic and ritualistic influences in Tibetan Buddhism. These influence include several cultural and even instrumental ways including the use of the Tingsha bells.
Use of Tingsha Bells in Religion
The Tingsha cymbals are among the many ritual instruments used in Tibetan Buddhism. These instruments are used to focus awareness and are used to signal the start and the end of group meditations. It is believed that the ring of the cymbals help clear the mind in preparation for long meditative sessions.
Tingsha bells are not only used exclusively for Tibetan Buddhism. They are also used extensively in various religious practices worldwide.
How to Use Tingsha Bells
Simply hang the tingsha bells by the leather cord, one in each hand as shown in the picture to the left, and then strike them together.
Click on the image to the right to listen to the Tingsha Bells available for sale through Natures Energies.
Other Uses of Tingsha Bells
One of the most popular, and believed to be the most effective use of Tingsha bells is the space clearing.
When tapped, the cymbals resonate a unique, identical bell sound that provides a pure, cleansing effect. The sound is believed to clear low vibrational energy – even the negative ones.
Reasons for Space Clearing
Space clearing is done for a variety of reasons. Some are few of the following:
- Moving to new houses or workspaces. It is believed that the place still carries old, negative energy residues from the previous occupants. In order to start anew, space clearing is necessary to drive away all remaining negative energies.
- After experiencing an illness. Clearing spaces after experiencing an illness will help your household/area to feel more refreshed. Prior to doing so, make sure to thoroughly clean the area, wash all bedding and open all windows.
- After someone has died. Space clearing after someone has died will help remove all negative emotional residues in the place.
Other than space clearing, Tingsha bells are used for toning.
Toning is a traditional therapeutic technique used to relieve mental stress and achieve healing. The toning process uses sound, this case, the bell sound, to release blockers in the body and to promote natural flow of energy.
Reasons for Toning
Toning offers therapeutic effects in the body that is why many people who are into alternative medicine conduct the practice. The following are some of the reasons why you should also try toning:
- Difficulty in concentration and meditation
- Pursue higher levels of awareness
- Difficulty in breathing or if breathing appears to be constantly shallow
- Undergoing stress, depression and grief
- Lack of confidence, positivity and zest
- Difficulty in focus and concentration
Toning can help alleviate all the difficulties mentioned above. In addition, it also offers immediate therapeutic relief and alleviates stress in almost any circumstance.
||Diameter: 2.5 / 6.2
||7.4 / 210