Calabash with Imprints of the Eight Immortals
The Calabash is also commonly known as the Wu Lou. The brass calabash has imprints of the Mystic Eight Immortals embossed on it, and has an auspicious red ribbon surrounding it.
The Eight Immortals are superior beings worshipped by Taoists and are widely regarded as symbols of longevity and good fortune in Feng Shui study. Coupled with Calabash as a symbol of longevity and good health and mystic knot that denotes "never-ending", its potency as a health enhancer is multiplied many times. It is perfect for dissolving the illness Chi brought by the Flying Star #2.
The brass calabash with 8 Immortals makes an excellent gift for elderly people during their birthdays or for someone who is constantly ill, unwell or sick.
What the Calabash symbolizes and its Application in Symbolism Feng Shui
Another symbol of longevity which also brings an abundance of divine blessings can be found in many Chinese homes today is the Calabash. The Wu Lou or the bottle gourd or the “calabash” is a powerful traditional symbol of longevity, good health, prosperity and carries an abundance of blessings.
The shape of a Calabash is believed to be a representation of Heaven and Earth united. Displaying a Calabash in and around the home is a good thing to have to enhance one’s Feng Shui. Many deities like Sau Sing Kung from the Fuk Luk Sau and Li T’ieh Kuai from the 8 Immortals, and sometimes the Laughing Buddha carry this wonderful item with them.
The authentic Calabash is made of the gourd fruit plucked from trees, the flesh inside carefully removed and then dried. In ancient times, the Calabash was used to store water or potions used during travelling and expeditions. Because of the Calabash’s role in keeping the travellers alive, it was given the name the “giver of life” and hence became a symbol of good health. The Calabash is also believed to contain the elixir of health, vitality and immortality. In Chinese mythology, the Calabash is often used by Taoist monks and deities to suck and bottle up evil spirits into it, preventing them from doing harm. Hence the Calabash is a powerful Feng Shui cure to absorb negative chi of its surroundings.
You can use as many Calabashs as you like in your home to ward off bad chi and promote good fortune.
Here is how you can use this popular enhancer to Feng Shui your way to a better life.
- For Flying Star Feng Shui enthusiasts, the mini brass Calabash with 8 Immortals made from metal (brass) is an excellent cure to ward-off the evil influences of #2 black star in your home and office, especially if your bedroom or main door is in this location. The #2 black star is also known as the "Sickness Star" which brings illnesses, disease, ailments and fatal health problems to occupants. Placing a metal Calabash in the affected sectors will dissipate these illness energies.
- Place the mini brass Calabash with 8 Immortals beside your bed to improve your health luck and ward off illness energies, hence protecting you from any health problems. It can also be placed beside the bed of someone who is ill to speed up recovery. For better results, hang or position two of these on both sides of the bed.
- Place the mini brass Calabash with 8 Immortals in the Tien Yi or Health corner in the bedroom based on your KUA number (8 Mansions Formula) to enhance your personal health luck. This offers better healing benefits if applied to the person who is often troubled by chronic ailments and is constantly in poor health conditions.
- Place the the mini brass Calabash with 8 Immortals in the East sector of your living room to benefit the general good health for the entire family. The East sector is the universal Health luck corner based on the Pakua Life Aspirations Theory.
- Place the mini brass Calabash with 8 Immortals on your work desk in your office or hang one in your car to absorb negative Chi and prevent bad things and harm from happening to you.
Click here to read about and meet each of the eight immortals.
|Material||Color||Dimension (in/cm)||Weight (lbs/g)|
|Brass||Brass||2.5X2.5X3.25 / 6.4x6.4x8.3||0.7 / 315|
Well made product. Very happy!