This is a beautiful 7-tier Wen Chang Pagoda intricately made from brass. It brings not only protection but career and scholastic luck to its owner. Auspicious Chi gathering around the pagoda will energize the person working nearby making one feeling fresh and alert during work or study.
The Wen Chang Pagoda makes an excellent gift for those pursuing higher education or seeking a promotion at work.
Built at the end of the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), Wenchang is one of the best examples of Ming architecture in southern Guangxi.
Built with the traditions of Feng Shui in mind, a visit to the seven-tier hollow pagoda is said to advance one's career. In ancient China, Feng Shui was believed to positively or negatively effect one's life.
'Wen' refers to knowledge and literature, while 'Chang' means prosperity and goodness. The pagoda's main function is to bring success to one's offspring. For this reason, pagodas such as this were built all over China.
The octagonal pagoda is 36 meters high (118 feet). Each tier is shaped like an inverted red and white lotus flower.
What the Pagoda symbolizes and its Application in Symbolism Feng Shui
The pagoda is a temple of knowledge, peace and silence. It symbolizes the path of wisdom. It is said that a person who knows more or is knowledgeable stands firm like a mountain or a pagoda and cannot be shaken by anything. The Pagoda is believed to possess the power to tame unruly minds and behaviours. As you may read in many Chinese tales, the Pagoda is used for taming of cheeky spirits by ‘imprisoning’ them in it. Hence the Pagoda can be used to ward of evils and bad chi.
The Pagoda is a very useful Feng Shui enhancer and cure that brings literary luck, fame luck, protection and advancement in career. It is also potent to ward off bad energy and killing forces (shar chi) in your abode.
The different levels of the Wen Chang Pagoda and their different meanings
- 5-tiers Pagoda represents the five elements, i.e., metal, wood, water, fire and earth. It also represents the guardian of 5 directions by emperors. This leads to overall improvement of fortune and good luck, while overpowering or subduing bad luck coming from all 5 directions.
- 7-tiers Pagoda signifies seven treasures of Buddhism. It accumulates benevolance. It is also said to symbolize blessings from seven northern stars which brings ultimate wealth luck and career luck.
- 9-tiers Pagoda brings completeness as well as nobility, strength, good career, wealth and study luck. It also possesses the power to suppress bad luck and instability.
Here is how you can use the Pagoda to Feng Shui your way to a better life.
- Place the Wen Chang pagoda behind you at work to stimulate your career Chi, giving you influence over the people in your charge, making them listen to you. It will ward off backstabbing and negative intentions from enemies at work thus enhance your career for promotional opportunities.
- Display a Wen Chang pagoda on your study desk or beside your bed for literary success. It helps you to focus your mental powers and develop better concentration and memory when you study thus assisting in attainment of educational success.
- Place the Wen Chang Pagoda in the North East sector of a bedroom to embellish the occupant's educational luck. The North East is the universal corner of education and knowledge, according to the Pakua Life Aspiration Theory.
- To dissipate illness energies, display a Pagoda figurine in the East sector (Health sector based on the Pakua Life Aspiration Theory) of your living room or dining area. You can also place a pagoda by the bed of a sick person to speed up recovery.
- Place the Wen Chang Pagoda near your entrance to safe-guard your house or shop.
|Material||Color||Dimension (in/cm)||Weight (lbs/g)|
|Brass||Brass||2x2x5.75 / 5x5x14.6||0.73 / 330|