Meridian Massage Pen
- Treatment of acute and chronic pain. The Meridian Massage Pen will lighten pain within 3-5 minutes.
- Health protection
- Immune system enhancement
- Facial beauty
Features of the Meridian Massage Pen
Acupuncture without the Needles
There are no painful penetrating needles, which make the Meridian Massage Pen a lot more desirable to use. All that you need to do is press the head of the unit into the general area of the area being treated, and it will deliver frequencies and electrical pulses to stimulate the meridian and acupuncture points for pain relief and healing.
Comes with 4 different applicator heads
1. Spheroidal: Partial therapy, which is applicable for quickly alleviating pain
2. Node type: Node therapy, which is applicable for partial body pains.
3. Dome type: Superficial therapy,which is applicable for health care and facial beautification.
4. Scrapping: Scrapping therapy, which is applicable for acupuncture and blood circulation
5. Tapping: Full body therapy, which is applicable for tapping and rolling massage to relief the pain
No Known Side Effects
One of the best things about the Meridian Massage Pen is that it has no known side effects.
Easy to Use
The Meridian Massage Pen only requires one AA battery. Its digital display shows the output power from the head of the unit, ranging from 0 (weakest) to 9 (strongest). Simply turn the pen on, adjust your output setting and direct it towards the area of pain and feel the relief in 3-5 minutes.
Additional Benefits of the Meridian Massage Pen
- The meridian massage pen can be used as a portable hand-held “Tens” unit to automatically trigger rapid muscle contraction when muscles are hard to isolate or when the muscle is immobilized in a cast or splint. The pulsed contraction effectively works the muscle for you which prevents atrophy.
- As a beauty aid for stimulating the muscles of the face and body as well as tightening and rejuvenating the skin and subcutaneous layers to reduce wrinkles and sagging flesh associated with aging.
- It can be used to locate acupoints on the body and stimulate them to unblock qi flow along a meridian or to focus qi on an acupoint associated with a weak or damaged internal organ. The mild electrical pulses act in the same way as acupuncture needles or acupoint massage.
- Studies have shown Low Voltage therapy to be helpful in reducing free radicals in the blood, as well as purging the body of viral and bacterial infections.
- Install a AA battery in the compartment.
- Turn on the device by holding the handle with the tip up and pressing the lower half of the black toggle button. The number 1 should appear on the display. Repeat to increase power up to 9.
- Select the stimulus head required and screw it onto the pen (e.g., for the face and other sensitive parts you would require the dome head for a milder strength; for your arms, legs or back, you may require the small round head for a more intense treatment).
- Smear some aloe vera gel (not supplied with the pen) over the area you are going to treat.
- Select the strength of stimulation that you require on the pen (from 1-9). Start with a medium to low setting of 3 or 4. This can be adjusted as you use the pen. You will feel what is most comfortable for you. If you feel a stinging sensation it’s because there isn’t a solid connection from the tip to your skin. Use more Contact Gel to fix the problem.
- Apply the pen to the region to be treated. You may not feel much stimulation, vibration or muscle flexing if you are not on the acupoint or meridian being treated. Continue sliding the tip around until you feel a strong pulse. When the pulse is strong it means you have found an acupoint and you are stimulating it. You may hold the acupointer directly on the point or gently massage the point along the associated meridian. Often you will feel the pulsing on another point along the meridian or coursing through the entire length of the meridian! Locations of points and meridians are included in the manual that comes with the unti.
Using the Meridian Massage Pen as a Pain Reliever
Simply apply the gel to the affected area and press the dp against the skin, making firm contact. Hold the device in one spot or move it until you feel a stronger pulsation. Continue for several minutes.
Note: Body Hair can interfere with the device making good contact with the skin. Using more Contact Gel will prevent the electrical arcing that causes a stinging sensation. If using the Acupoiter for muscle pain you can use a water-based analgesic balm instead of the gel.
Using the Meridian Massage Pen as a Tens Unit
Using the Meridian Massage Pen to automatically trigger muscle contraction is a great way to exercise a hard to isolate muscle, to help loosen a frozen muscle, or to prevent or reverse atrophy of immobilized muscles when you have a broken bone in a cast. (Consult your doctor before using the device directly on a wound or broken bone).
It takes a little practice to find the muscle's trigger points and the device must be pushed a little deeper into the surface of the skin. It is also important to relax the muscle you are trying to trigger as tensing may interfere with the device.
When you find the right spot the muscle will literally jump all by itself and “bounce” vigorously until the tip is moved from that spot. Only a slight movement will stop the effect so try to find a comfortable position you can hold for several minutes (fifteen to twenty minutes is optimal). Then just relax the limb and let the device perform your isolated muscle workout for you.
Helpful Tip: Jolt the Joints
When experimenting with the Meridian Massage Pen a good place to start is at the joints: elbows, knees, ankles, and wrists. It is said in the Nei Ching, the 4000+ year old book of internal medicine that remains the basic text from which all TCM is taught, that the joints are one of the places where external pathogens linger in the body and become trapped causing blockages of qi. So it’s always a good idea to use Low-Voltage therapy in these areas to help the body in purging pathogens.
Using the Meridian Massage Pen as a Beauty Treatment
Set the Meridian Massage Pen on a lower setting (2 to 4) and apply the Contact Gel to the face (aloe vera gel or any cleansing or moisturizing product you like will work as long as the face remains wet during treatment). Gently, but still making good contact, move the Meridian Massage Pen around the face avoiding contact with eyes or mucous membranes. When you feel pulsing, leave it on the spot for a few minutes and let the device exercise, tone and tighten those facial muscles that tend to sag with age.
Concentrate on problem spots such as bags or puffiness around the eyes and cheeks. You'll he amazed at how well it works after just a few treatments!
For those who prefer to learn through instructional videos, we recommend the following;
|Video#1||Very good introduction video on how to use the pen. Shows various points on the arm. Shows hwo to disassemble the pen for cleaning (if necessary) and shows the inside electronics of the pen.|
|Video#2||Discusses how the Meridian Massage Pen works and how tro locate muscle stimulus points, as well as acupuncture meridian points on the arm.|
|Video#3||Discusses why and what to do if the unit is shocking or zapping you. The correct procedure for applying the unit to your skin is discussed.|
|Video#4||Instructs on how to use the Meridian Massage Pen for beauty treatment. How to use it on the face to deal with sagging skin and wrinkles.|
|Video#5||Dealing with wrist pain such as carpal tunnel syndrome.|
|Video#6||Treat back pain quickly with the Meridian Massge Pen.|
|Video#7||The Neck and Upper Back Pain Trigger Points.|
- Meridian Massage Pen (does NOT come with AA battery or gel - it is recommended that you purchase a tube of contact gel (e.g., aloe vera gel) and a AA battery while waiting for it to arrive).
- Comprehensive Instruction Manual
- 4 different massage heads
|Dimension (cm)||Weight (g)|
|Box Size: 21 x 9 x 4||179|